Monday 12 October 2015

Fire colour one by Jenny Valentine

I got sent Fire colour one by Jenny Valentine a while ago and I have finally finished the review.
Iris' father, Ernest, is at the end of his life and she hasn't even met him.
Her best friend, Thurston is somewhere on the other side of the world.
Everything she thought she knew is up in flames.
Now her mother has declared war and means to get her hands on Earnest's priceless art collection. But Earnest has other ideas.
There are things he wants Iris to know after he's gone.
And the truth has more than one way of coming to light...
From the blurb of this book I was interested and although it was a good book with a great plot, I didn't really enjoy the writing style of this book. I felt like there was to much flipping back and forth from the past to the present that I got confused. Another thing was that it was a bit slow to get into. And also a lot of the characters were annoying. Earnest and Thurston were the only truly nice and genuine characters and yet we don't really see much o them apart from the ending.
Despite this I did enjoy some of the book as the descriptions were wonderful. I am glad this was a short book as I don't think I would have been able to read it if it wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment